Are you left feeling like things can’t or shouldn’t really be over between you and your boyfriend? The rejection and pain that you feel after a breakup may make it hard to let go. The emotional ties you still feel may leave you asking yourself “does my ex boyfriend still have feelings for me”?
You way want to reconcile and are wondering where you stand with him. Should you contact him or wait and see if he will make the first move? You are probably getting all kinds of conflicting advice from well meaning friends that only make you more confused than ever. It helps to know how guys behave when they are still interested, that’s why I’ve outlined the signs for you to watch for and see if your ex boyfriend still cares.
Signs he has feelings for you:
- He initiates contact. If he phones you, texts, emails or stops by this definitely shows he still cares. Usually after a break-up most men feel awkward around their ex and try to avoid her. He may use the “let’s stay friends” card as an excuse to contact you.
- He asks your advice. This may not seem that obvious to you, but he was used to consulting you about things and asking you for your opinion and advice. Now he doesn’t have that close tie with anyone and still feels that desire to communicate with you when he needs help or advice.
- He brings up the past. When he seems to feel the need to bring up past events and try to explain things it’s an indication that he does have feelings still.
- He’s keeping tabs on you. He may ask your friends, just happen to show up where you are, or even talk to you himself. It just seems he has to know what’s going on in your life – he is not ready to let go.
- He wants to know if you are dating. When you can tell that he is anxious about this or seems upset when the answer is yes, then you know that he still loves you. Otherwise he would be glad to know that you are moving on.
Hopefully he is showing some of these signs and answers your question “does my ex boyfriend still have feelings for me” positively. While it is exciting to see your boyfriend exhibiting these signs, you will need to follow the right steps if you want to win him back and be careful not to move too quickly. Find out what steps you can take to get him back and have an even better relationship than before.